Whether I'm at home, on a business trip, or enjoying some free time, you'll know where I am! / Of ik nou thuis ben, op reis ga, of heerlijk vrij ben, dat mag altijd duidelijk zijn via deze blog!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The long and winding road

The long and straight road, I should say.

How boring - driving from Orlando to Miami takes you straight through the Sunshine state on a toll road. On your left - flat land with some shrubs, on your right - more flat land with shrubs, and an occasional grove of orange trees (got me excited!).
But upon arrival at the hotel, my mood lifted and I was pleasantly surprised to find a Tiger-proof (as in Tiger Woods...) golf course on the same premises as the the conference hotel! Rooms were big, clean and had a colonial feel to them. A nice change from the jungle print... Had a nice walk around the extensive grounds and made it to the Health Spa. It was a quick visit, as the prices made me move on to admire the 3 outdoor pools instead.
Reason for traveling this way: an Editor's conference. The way to exposé what Elsevier does and is developing for a mixed group of Journal Editors. Admittedly, it was a lot of fun!
The last night found us on a custom-built boat, the "Venetian Lady", that made me think of Miami Vice - a big, white sleek thing. The thing was pretty steady, allowing all guests to enjoy their meal - just the once. Someone insisted on taking a picture of Ursula, Jeroen and I.

1 comment:

rootaberger said...

tiger-proof golf course? Because Florida is known for its tigers? Please elabroate

Twister's blog