Whether I'm at home, on a business trip, or enjoying some free time, you'll know where I am! / Of ik nou thuis ben, op reis ga, of heerlijk vrij ben, dat mag altijd duidelijk zijn via deze blog!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A night of magic


Accompanied by the Editors of one of my journals, the EER, we saw Die Zauberflöte at the Met www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/season/production.aspx?id=8885&detect=yes, something that turned out to be absolutely unforgettable, in every way! We started the night at Gabriel's, a modern Italian Restaurant www.gabrielsbarandrest.com/, that knows how to cook its venison just right, and that managed to surprise us all, from the excellent pumpkin risotto, to a beautiful octopus salad.

No one could have prepared me for the sensational stage, the grandeur of the theater - quite a size larger than the ones I've been to - and ultimately the quality of the music. But the Queen of the Night, Anna-KLristiina Kaappola, proved to be the show-stealer. Her soprano voice was one that I shall not forget any time soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Twister's blog